Angreji Beat star Gippy Grewal was born as Rupinder Singh Grewal. He is a great Indian Singer, Actor, and a great Film director in Punjabi Film Industry. Gippy Grewal’s Punjabi songs made him popularly known across the world. He made his debut as an actor in the film ‘Mela karade Rabba’ in 2010. Recognized as the Pure Desi Rockstar in Punjab state, Gippy is an extremely talented superstar singer. He has also won a range of worthy awards in his entire work journey. Gippy shot to fame and became a superstar overnight with his superhit album Phulkari and well known for his hit numbers like Hello-Hello, Angreji Beat, Oscar, Channa, Massi, etc.
Let’s learn all about Gippy Grewal Biography
|Real Name||Rupinder Singh Grewal|
|Occupation||Singer, Actor, Film Director & Producer|
|Date of Birth||January 2, 1983|
|Birth Place||Koom Kalan, Ludhiana, Punjab, India|
|Education Qualification||Hotel Management Degree from NIIHM (North India Institute of Hotel Management), Panchkula, Haryana|
|Debut Music Song & Album||Song-Chakh Lai (2006)|
|Acting Career||Debut Film- Mel Karade Rabba (2010)|
|Hobbies||Singing, Acting, and Bhangra|
Gippy Grewal is around 36 years to date and will turn 37 on January 2, 2020.
Personal Life information of gippy Grewal
- Gippy was born on January 2, 1983, at Koom Kalan village in Ludhiana, Punjab, India.
- The real name of Gippy Grewal is Rupinder Singh Grewal.
- His Father name is Late Santokh Singh. And Mother, Kulwant Kaur.
- He has an elder brother named Sippy Grewal.
- Gippy has a degree in Hotel Management and worked as a waiter in a Hotel in Delhi during his early career days.
- He is married to Ravneet Kaur.
- Earlier they have two children Ekomkar Singh Grewal and Gurfateh Singh Grewal. Recently Gippy Grewal blessed with a third son, Gurbaaz.
- He is a great Indian Singer and Actor who has done prominent work for Punjabi Cinema as well as Hindi Film Industry.
- He became popular due to his hit number Phulkari.
Gippy Grewal Blessed With A Third Son, Shares An Adorable Picture Of All His Boys
The Punjabi Superhit Singer & Actor Gippy Grewal recently took to social media to share a piece of rather good news. The singer turned actor who has also tried his hand at direction and production has been blessed with a cute baby boy. Grewal already is a proud father to his two elder boys Ekomkar Grewal and Gurfateh Grewal and this little one is the latest addition to the family.
Favorite Food Yellow Dal, Bhindi
Favourite Actor Aamir Khan
Favourite Actress Mahi Gill
Favourite Film Bazigar
Favourite Singers Kuldeep Manak, Gurdas Maan, Chamkila
Music Career Of Gippy Grewal
Gippy made a smashing debut in the Punjabi music world with his album Chak Lai, which was a chartbuster hit. The debut album of Gippy Grewal followed by next record-breaking songs such as Phulkari, Phulkari 2, Nasha, Gangster, and Just Hits.
His popular Phulkari song went viral and breaks several records in Punjabi Music Industry. His next hit song Angreji Beat in 2012 was casted in the Bollywood movie Cocktail, featuring Saif Ali Khan, Deepika Padukone and Diana Penty.
Gippy also gave a stunning performance live at the Sandwell & Birmingham Mela in 2014. Till Date, Gippy Grewal continually giving smash hit Punjabi songs and winning over hearts of people worldwide.
MOVIE CAREER OF GIPPY GREWAL
One of the most successful Punjabi singers, Gippy Grewal established his debut as an actor with a supporting role in the Punjabi film Mel Karade Rabba in 2010. This movie became one of the huge hits of Punjabi Movie Industry at the time of its release. Grewal’s performed his role as lead actor in his next movie-Jihne Mera Dil Luteya in 2011. The movie was applauded by the audience and received a great response at the box office collection. At that time, Punjabi Film received the highest opening week collection.
Gippy performed in the film – Mirza – The Untold Story in 2012 which also received a great response from the people all over the nation. Gippy continuing to give successful Punjabi Films and come with a bang with his next super-duper hit movie, Carry On Jatta in 2012 This major hit is still in high demand by the Punjabi People lives all over the world. In 2013, Gippy also performed in several movies such as Singh vs Kaur starring Surveen Chawla, Binnu Dhillon, Japji Khaira, etc. and all of them were blockbuster hits.
He was also seen in film Lucky Di Unlucky Story which was directed by Smeep Kang. The movie was also featuring Jaswinder Bhalla, Binnu Dhillon, and Gurpreet Ghuggi. His other best movie releases in 2013 were Bhaji in Problem & Best of Luck.
To date Gippy has acted in various successful films like Jatt James Bond- a dramatic thriller with Bollywood Actress Zarine Khan, Punjabi comedy movie-Double Di Trouble, Punjabi movie Ardaas, Carry on Jatta 2, Ardaas Karaan, Manje Bistre, Manje Bistre 2, Daaka, etc. He also gave his voice to dub the Hollywood Movie A Good Day to Die Hard (2013) featuring Bruce Willis in the Punjabi version. It was the first Hollywood movie dubbed in Punjabi.
He made his acting debut in Bollywood with a lead role in movie Second Hand Husband along with popular Bollywood actor Govinda’s daughter Tina Ahuja. However, the movie failed to receive a positive response from the audience.
Shocking / Interesting Facts about Gippy Grewal
- Gippy Grewal received the ” PTC Best Actor Award in 2011, for his great performance in the film Jihne Mera Dil Luteya.
- He made his debut in Punjabi Music World with the Aman Hayer ‘s hit Punjabi Music album Chakkh Lai.
- Gippy’s film Carry On Jatta was the second-best highest collection earner Punjabi film.
- Earlier, Gippy had a phobia of water, but later on, he learned swimming to overcome his problem.
- Gippy owns a My Dream Academy where he gives chance to new Punjabi talent and enhances their skills.